Estonia Medical Spa skin treatment centre
Given the number of patients who come to the Dead Sea region every year, you wouldn't wonder why the Dead Sea treatments have proved to be of value among the growing number of people all over the world. That's why we have brought a bit of the Dead Sea with its therapeutic modality nearer to our clients.
We opened the first Dead Sea Centre ever in Scandinavia in the Estonia Medical Spa in March 2012, located in the White Building.
Dead Sea skin treatment centre is open Mon.-Sun 9.00 - 17.00
Similarly to the Dead Sea, baths in the Dead Sea Skin Treatment Centre in Estonia Spa contain 33% of salts and minerals, which explains why a person can easily float on the surface. In the Dead Sea Centre we use salt, supplied from Israel and awarded with a special certificate.
Here are just some examples of the healing capacity of the Dead Sea waters. The Dead Sea salt contains 10 times more minerals than salt in the Mediterranean - and among others, there are sodium, potassium, magnesium, chromium, selenium, bromine and chlorine - the whole range of substances as well as microorganisms which produce the unique overall therapeutic modality!
The Dead Sea skin treatment package in Estonia Medical Spa
* problematic skin and skin diseases (allergic, dry, ageing skin, inflammatory skin, psoriasis incl.)
* neurological disorders
* myositis and arthritis
* pain in muscles
* disturbed blood circulation
* stress, sleep disorders, restlessness
Treatments in the Dead Sea Centre for Treatment of Skin Diseases:
Child (0 - 14 yrs(incl.) discount - 40%
1) Bath with the Dead Sea Salts 15 €
Floating in a bath with salts for 20 minutes - peels, moisturizes and nourishes skin. Due to different minerals (sulphur, magnesium, bromine, calcium, sodium, potassium and microorganisms - zink, copper, molybdenum, etc.), contained in the Dead Sea salts, the healing effect of salts has already been well known from the ancient times.
* Dead Sea salt bath for two "Dead Sea bath together"
* Two adults cost - 23 €,
* (Child up to 6.a free) parental responsibility of the children!
* 7-14 years and adults cost - 20 €
2) Bath with Soyabeen Oil 9 €
Contains soyabeen oil, peanut oil, vitamin E. Indications : for supportive medical care of skin diseases (e.g.psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, allergic diseases), dry, sensitive, itching skin incl., like irritation from diapers, contact dermatitis from household chemistry (cleaning and washing products), also during pregnancy.
3) Aqua therapy with mud extract 9 €
Contains mud extract and turf. Indications : chronical rheumatical ailments, cellulitis, metabolism enchancement.
4) Chromotherapy by two Bioptron lamps (10 min) 4 €
- the lamps have been already used in chromotherapy for 30 years. No harmful by-effects spotted. The Bioptron lamp gives off visible and infrared light that is absorbed by photosensible zones of cells, stimulating work of enzumes and vitamins. Vitamin D is activated under exposure to light, other vitamins also need the light. In addition, the light accelerates blood circulation. It results in the improved skin. The Bioptron lamp is also used for treatment of wounds. The impressive results have been achieved in cure of trophic ulcers - in case of bad blood supply in lower limbs, diabetes, decubitus. After surgery, trauma. For pain relief - arthritis, pain in resurrection bones, the neck area. In sports medicine - injuries, stressed muscles, strains, bone fractures, and ambustions. Contraindications : leukaemia.
5) Deeply moisturizing general massage with shea butter (45 min) 34 €
Shea butter is made from oil contained in the nut of shea tree. Shea tree grows in the wild in savannas of the Central and Western Africa, and it takes 50 years before it starts bear fruit. The native tribes has known about essential properties of shea butter for ages. Shea butter contains vitamines A,E and F and fights successfully against microbes and inflammations as well as protects the skin from harmful environmental effects.
For treatment of skin diseases (psoriasis, weeping dermatitis, acne, atopic dermatitis, etc.)
For alleviation of sutures and as preventive care during pregnancy.
Prevents wrinkles, revitalizes skin cells, favours regenerating of skin elasticity.
Defends skin from the harmful UV irradiation.
Itching caused by skin dryness
In case of sunburns
To treat cracked skin
6) Deeply moisturizing general massage with emu oil (45 min) 39 €
Emu oil contains omega-3,-6 and -9 saturated fats, vitamins A,E,F. Emu oil has anti-inflammatory action, helps treat problematic skin like psorias, eczema, rosacea, acne, atopic dermatitis, arthritis and myositis, insect stings, venous dilation.
7) Deeply moisturizing general massage with argan oil (45 min) 34 €
Argan oil contains omega 6 and 9, vitamins A and E. Restores natural skin moisture, its elasticity, reduces signs of ageing, alleviates psoriasis and irritation or dryness caused by dermatitis, treats hair, nails.
8) Chromotherapy for body or head with local UV-treatment (10 min) 3 €
(Narrow-spectrum light UVB, 311 nm). Procedure is only offered upon doctor's advice.
Vitiligo (white spot disease)
Skin changes caused by tumours
Medication treatment with corresponding potential skin damage or hyper-photosensitivity
Pregnancy - as there is no relevant experience
9) Chryotherapy 16 €
Chryotherapy is offered every month during one week. More information on the homepage under description of the chryotherapy package. Chryotherapy has local anti-inflammatory and cooling effect combined with general cortisol-binding effect. Suitable for reddened skin, e.g. psoriatic or atopic skin inflammation; unsuitable for dry or exfoliative skin.
10) Peach paraffin (15 min) 8 €
Contains mineral oils moisturizing skin while the warming up effect fights inflammation.
11) Salt Chamber 6.50 €; 3-14 years old incl., for a child 3.50 €
The salt mist contains negative ions whose obtundent effect on nervous system results in stress relief. Locally the salt kills pathogenic bacteria collected on skin.
12) Relaxation therapy (15 min) 5 €
Debilitates stressed neck and back muscles, calms down nervous system.
13) Skin peeling with the Dead Sea mud and light moisturizing with avocado massage cream (45 minuts) 34 €
In the peeling process the dead skin cells are removed. Normally the cells mature in 28 days, with psorias the process is much faster. Those cells make a thick layer mixed with the skin fat, they solidify and cells stick together in a hard bark. It must be removed as it prevents blood circulation and useful substances from being absorbed.
Deep cleaning and moisturizing of skin for people with any skin type, prior other procedures in order to achieve better absorption of useful elements
14) Back massage and stretching table in the skin diseases treatment recreation room (15 min) 2€
Debilatates stressed muscles of the neck and back, calms down the nervous system
Although the Dead Sea salt is recognized for its theraupetic modality, we still recommend in case of its use in treatment of psoriasis, arthritis, atopic dermatitis, eczema or other skin diseases to consult a doctor or specialist first of all.
Look here skin treatment centre video