Recommendations of our experienced medics
For bone and joint ailments:
- Cryotherapy (cold therapy), which has a strong pain
relieving and anti-inflammatory effect while increasing joint function. We recommend that the cryotherapy treatment last for a minimum of 4 days.
- Peat therapy, which is very effective for hands. The bioactive ingredients in peat help to form new capillaries, and the acidic environment of peat destroys bacteria. As a result, you'll experience softer skin along with diminished muscle and joint pain. In Estonia Spa, we use balneological peat with a high content of humin found in the bogs of Central Estonia for treating joints.
- Reflexology or zone therapy can also alleviate aches in your joints. During this therapy, the practitioner works on the points (acupressure massage) and zones (zone therapy) on the soles of your feet. Zone therapy soothes and relaxes, stimulates the blood and lymph circulation, relieves pain, improves metabolism, strengthens the immune system, and balances the hormonal system.
- We also recommend laser therapy for treatment of inflammations in joints, muscular nerves and tendons as well as for post traumatic conditions. Laser therapy improves blood circulation and the metabolism of tissues; it alleviates pain, swelling and signs of inflammation. The recommended course of treatment is 3-10 procedures.
- The Kneipp Trail on the first floor of the Estonia Therms, which activates metabolism and blood circulation through changes in temperature.
For respiratory diseases we recommend additional salt therapy (halotherapy), which is a course of treatment with low-concentration spray of dry domestic salt, inhaling of
which stimulates the natural defence mechanisms of the
respiratory organs. Salt therapy has a cleansing, expectorating and anti-inflammatory effect. Salt is used mainly to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, chronic rhinitis, chronic tonsillitis and/or pharyngitis.
For ailments of the nervous system we recommend pressure point foot massage at least once during your vacation. Pressure point massage helps relieve stress, headaches, and problems with upper and lower back.
For back problems we recommend back massage on the stretching table,
which relaxes the back muscles and stretches the vertebrae.
For weight problems and cellulite we recommend cellulite or honey massage that activate and intensify your metabolism, cellulite massage table or the health capsule.
Different ailments and diseases may also be caused by a foodstuff that a person cannot tolerate. At Estonia Spa you have the opportunity to take a food intolerance test and have a consultation about the results along with recommendations for future. We also offer the opportunity to test for allergies to different foods.
Bath with the Dead Sea Salts
Floating in a bath with salts for 20 minutes - peels, moisturizes and nourishes skin. Due to different minerals (sulphur, magnesium, bromine, calcium, sodium, potassium and microorganisms - zink, copper, molybdenum, etc.), contained in the Dead Sea salts, the healing effect of salts has already been well known from the ancient times.
Skin treatment. Since 2012 we have also specialised in skin treatment. Medical consultation is recommended in case of different disorders. The Dead Sea pool and bath provide a perfect treatment and a rejuvenating impact. The Dead Sea mud wrap and different massages (with Shea butter, emu and agania oil, etc.) have a good effect on dry skin and in case of skin disorders.
Enjoy getting healthier in the resort town of Pärnu!